Gather up those about to go bad bananas and make some banana bread. I like to double this recipe and keep a loaf in the freezer. This recipe calls for chocolate chips and pecans but feel free to use walnuts and dried fruit instead. Or skip the frills and go for banana only banana bread, either way it will still taste great.
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. flax meal
3 Tbs. coconut oil
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3.5 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup almond milk
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through almond milk and stir to combine.
- Add, chocolate chips, pecans, almond meal, gluten free flour blend and oats and stir.
- Bake for 75 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
- Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days.